Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Look Mom No Floaties...

Isaiah's new thing is to be so proud that he can swim with no floaties. I (dad) took him around the pool for like 5 minutes and showed him that he could do it. After that he thought he was the man, now able to swim all by himself. The next feat was to jump off the diving board with no floaties and swim to the side. Well this is where the story gets funny. Isaiah tells me that if he jumps off the diving board he will get a new toy, being totally okay with that he gets on the board and starts talking to himself. This is what Isaiah starts to say, "Ok, Ok, you can do this, here it goes, here it goes, dad I trust you, Isaiah you can do this, just a small little jump, ok , ok, here it goes, dad I trust you, ok, ok I love Kung Fu." Then he jumped. He got the toy and now has no fear doing cannonballs, can openers, cowboys, the cell phone jump, anything I love being a dad.





Here is Isaiah, Maddox and Aiken



Isaiah and Grant, I think Isaiah is doing the "cowboy" or the "cell phone" don't even ask what they are just some crazy things Isaiah made up.



Aiken and Maddox hanging out by the pool

11 comments:

Alisa said...

Okay! When did you start blogging? I am so excited to see what's happening in the Evan's household. I hope you are doing well and you need to send me your new address!

heidi said...

i love to hear about your fam. i know you are the best parents--you get pumped for your little dudes just like we do...does it get any better than this? i'm glad we found you through megan's blog, we'll have to come see you sometime soon--oshyn would dig the little evans. good luck with the babe amy!

Jennifer said...

RIDICULOUS! All of my kids are chickens. They won't even let go of me if they are wearing a full on life jacket. Hopefully they learn how to swim someday. And that video is freaking HILARIOUS! Isaiah rocks!

Diana & CJ said...

What a good little swimmer. Gosh Isaiah's got all sorts of talents. Tell him I love King Fu too.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I always love to witness those huge milestones in our childrens lives...learning to swim, riding a bike, conquering a fear! Makes being a parent that much more awesome! You two look like great parents!! Is that your pool?!! So nice!

hearthead said...

Yee Haw! No floaties!!! You'll never believe it but Liam is in Level 5 in Swimming lessons and is doing arm strokes with breathing. Just weeks ago he was totally afraid in your pool! Kids are so funny! How ya doing Amy? Hang in there!!!! Go treat yourself to a Pedi. Miss you!

Shanda said...

K, so found your blog through Megan's... Don't know if your remember me, but fun to see what your family is up to! Sounds like Wade (my husband) knew Amy at Ricks back in the day- we saw her sister on the plane... CRAZY how paths cross... Congrats on the baby girl to be!!! :) Good luck with the business!

Boyce Family said...

Hey...when did you start blogging...I found your blog on Di's. Your baby is due any time now and I'm excited for you. Check out our blog at http://www.boycerulez.blogspot.com/

jill said...

So I finally know about the blog...I've been out of touch lately, good thing we have Erin to keep our feet firmly on the ground. Isaiah did awesome! I am going to have to have Cason watch this so it will motivate him. Isaiah doesn't seem to ever need motivation to try something. So you are in labor right now, and won't read this for awhile, so congradulations, and welcome sweet Ailey!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Ailey pics are needed! Update, please! As your Father-in-Law says, "I'm waiting!"

jill said...

Okay...I've been checkin' your blog every half hour for updates and pics of Ailey, PLEASE put some up. Mom's pics didn't go through so I still haven't seen her "cheesiness".